Monday, December 3, 2012

2012.

I forget what happened this year. I feel like a lot. I quit my job and moved into a house and went camping and Angie had the first collective We Care Posse baby. Also first year of marriage and all that. That's a lot of stuff, right?

I thought a lot of things would be better, but I also don't think I've done as much as I need to in order to make things better. That's vague.

But this blog is not about that! This blog is about being a willowy manic pixie dream girl who calls her husband "hubby" and talks about how "ah-mah-zing" things are, right? You know, like all the other craft blogs. Also I just made myself cringe by typing "hubby" and "ah-mah-zing".

Actually it's really hard for me to keep positive and non-cynical about a lot of things. I have boundless enthusiasm for things I feel are genuine. But as soon as I detect something is less than 100% REAL, I can't help but feel contemptuous. I just think "what are you hiding?" I know people don't want to always remember bad things, and they are under no obligation to write about it. But people often put up this pretense of how "real" they are in their blogs or Facebook, and I know a big huge chunk of this "realness" is missing. I mean it seriously can't always be kittens and sunshine, no matter how "blessed" you are. And it sucks because maybe the person doesn't deserve my disdain, but they get it anyway! Haha!

But FYI, it's totally OK to mention things are less than perfect, I promise. It's also OK to not share everything.

Now I'm doing something else I hate, which is when a blogger tells the reader what they need to do. So, cool!

But really, I'll get on with it.

Chris and I at Aaron and Sandra's wedding in October. OMG so happy squee! OMGOMG

No comments:

Post a Comment